DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enable countless innovations and today, we’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be. DuPont Pryor Site has one (1) opening as a Maintenance Engineer 2 or 3, reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
Provide maintenance and reliability systems and equipment consulting across the company. Performs improvement audits at plant sites in both a leadership and a support capacity. Identify gaps in a site’s work practices and helps define the business value for improvements. Develop strategies, program proposals, improvement programs and control plans to close the gaps and deliver business improvement and help the site implement. Obtain program funding as required to support developed programs. Perform technical consulting in various offerings such as root cause failure analysis, reliability centered maintenance, uptime/UPbase, and system preventative maintenance. Interacts with other consultants, plant and business personnel, suppliers, and contractors to accomplish business improvements.
Employees in positions allocated to this series use their knowledge of engineering, chemistry, equipment design, predictive and preventive maintenance practices, planning, and project execution to drive equipment reliability, maintainability, and availability. The objective is to support site goals by the development, execution, and analysis of maintenance plans for site equipment and facilities. Some engineers engage in reliability improvement efforts (such as Physical Failure Analysis, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Reliability Centered Maintenance analysis, and Weibull analysis). Others coordinate maintenance activities (such as Daily Planning and Scheduling, Shutdown planning and coordination, personnel skills assessments, and the identification and implementation of precision maintenance procedures). Others use predictive tools to evaluate equipment and facility condition (such as vibration analysis, infra red analysis, oil analysis, and process monitoring). Others identify and manage reliability focused equipment and facility capital improvements. Differences in levels relate principally to greater depth and breadth of knowledge and experience in maintenance policies, practices, and techniques and the ability to apply various combinations of these to cost effectively maintain plant equipment availability and output goals.
Following is a listing of the types of responsibilities a Maintenance Engineer would be assigned to perform including but not limited to:
1. Identification, Design and Implementation of facility and equipment upgrades
2. Lead the site Mechanical Reliability Team through identification and resolution of recurring reliability issues
3. Assist in analysis of Predictive Maintenance activities
4. Assist in the planning and coordination of plant shutdown maintenance repairs including direct supervision of contract maintenance crews
5. Assist in the daily scheduling of maintenance activities
6. Assist in the identification and tracking of plant critical spare parts
7. Assist in revision and development of written mechanical maintenance procedures
8. Assist in the analysis and improvement of site precision maintenance techniques
9. Plan, schedule and execute equipment replacement in-kind projects
10.Participate on reliability improvement projects
DuPont is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPont is an e-Verify Employer
Education Requirement: Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Experience Minimum Requirement: 1 – 3 years of experience in maintenance and reliability with high speed rotating equipment. Experience will determine the level.
Must have knowledge of:
(1) Theories, principals, methods and procedures of applicable field of engineering; (2) Statistics and experimental design; (3) MS Office package including Visio.
Must have ability to:
(1) Manage projects: (2) Collect, process and analyze data: (3) Develop creative solutions to problems; 4) Communicate effectively both in writing and orally; (5) Execute Six Sigma methodology; (6) Work effectively both independently and within teams.