- B.S. degree and strong background in microbiology, biochemistry, or molecular biology;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in drafting and/or prosecuting biotech patent applications as a Registered U.S. Patent Agent;
- Drafted and filed at least 15 priority patent applications on distinct inventions during the past 3 years;
Capability of connecting scientific details of research projects with patentability considerations;
- Experience working with foreign associates to assist and coordinate filing and prosecution of international patent matters;
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction;
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or work environment and to facilitate implementation and acceptance of change within the work place;
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet aggressive deadlines;
- Superior communication, influencing and networking skills;
- Outstanding writing skills as demonstrated by original writing samples of patent applications, prosecution submissions, memorandums, and other communications.
- Advanced (M.S. or Ph.D.) degree with focus on biochemistry, protein sciences, genetics, microbiology, or other like disciplines;
- Post-graduate R&D laboratory experience for 2 or more years;
- Some law firm experience is a plus;
- Experience with independently prosecuting large patent dockets;
- Experience with developing and implementing IP strategies, conducting freedom to-operate analyses, IP portfolio analyses, and/or landscape mapping;
Experience in working with business and technical teams to develop IP strategies for technical programs.