R&D PhD Chemist
- Participate in the product development teams as a materials and formulation chemist. Collaborate with other materials and formulation chemists to develop a product that is both consistent with the customer’s needs and conducive to efficient manufacturing on any of the production lines in Towanda. Knowledge of photochemistry, polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, surface chemistry & adhesion, rheology, dispersions, etc.
- Ensure new products developed can be manufactured with high yield, good quality, low cost, and high production uptime.
- Develop a data based understanding of how the formulation and process elements affect product performance at the customer.
- Develop a knowledge of photopolymer materials, reactions, process of use, etc. of the site’s existing products to become a chemistry resource for future incremental product development.
- Contribute to the site’s Chemical Hazards Committee. Assist in the introduction of new chemicals to the site, management of hazards communication, plant diamond labels, SDS’s, and site chemistry emergency response.
- Collaborate with colleagues at multi-sites inside/outside US (e.g. Wilmington DE, Marlborough MA, Hsinchu TW, Shanghi CH, etc.).
- Participation in site safety programs.
- Deliver on research programs and goals on time and on budget.
- Resolve product technical issues.
DuPont is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPont is an e-Verify Employer
- Doctorate in Chemistry.
- Experience in product development.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in Minitab and MS Office
- Outstanding leadership of teams.
- Six Sigma methodology.
- Self-motivated to identify problems & issues and develop programs to improve.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law�? poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.