R&D Senior Scientist, Team Lead "Clean Label"
DuPont Nutrition & Health is a USD 4.7 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty food ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, nutrition and pharma market. With more than 8,500 employees, 50+ manufacturing sites and 20+ R&D centres across the world, N&H is on a mission to make food safer, more sustainable, better tasting and more nutritious.
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA.
Do you want to join the global leaders in texturants and help us serve the World with clean label solutions for healthy & nutritious food that feel and taste great?
We are looking for a Senior Scientist, Team Lead to join our clean label hub with location in Brabrand, Denmark.
You bring people skills in building and leading a winning team and have experience in development of clean label texturants to support the expansion of our clean label hub. You will help us add minimally-processed texturants from natural raw materials to our world-class portfolio of texturants for the global food industry. You will leverage cross-functional disciplines within our global Technology & Innovation community and lead an agile development team of technologists, scientists and engineers. The clean label team is part of Systems, Texturants and Emulsifiers R&D (STE R&D) and you will report to the STE R&D Technology Leader. Your team will span the process from laboratory discovery to full-scale implementation. In this process, you will be in close contact with key customers to navigate the space, define concept attributes, convert these into development projects, and drive execution aligned with business requirements. You will work closely with Sustainability, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs to validate fit with consumer perception and regulatory compliance. You will contribute to development of product and process candidates, assist engineers and scientists in planning commercial manufacturing trials, and support commercialization including product implementations at our customers.
- Own and support safety initiatives
- Build and lead a winning team
- Expand lab for clean label texturants and drive lab investments
- Navigate space and scout for market needs in close dialogue with key customers
- Identify concepts and convert these into development projects
- Develop product and process candidates for clean label texturants for commercial manufacturing and customer implementation in alignment with market needs
- Lead development projects technically in collaboration with project team
- Provide scientific expertise to support the project team and business sponsors, engage in external communication with customers and collaboration partners, and participate in presentations and publications as part of commercialization
- Partner with our global Technology & Innovation community and strengthen it with your external network
- Strong safety leadership
- Passion for sustainability
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in chemistry, biotechnology, food science, plant physiology or a related academic background
- Experience in building and leading a winning team
- Minimum 5 years of experience with product development in the space of texturants, hydrocolloids or functional fibers for the food industry. Experience with Clean Label is a strong preference.
- Customer engaging, communication and collaboration skills
- Curious mindset, “go do” attitude, and ability to deliver results under time and resource pressures
- Experience with R&D project management
- Effective communication skills in English with a track-record of scientific publications and presentations
- Team player skills with an outgoing, openminded and proactive personality
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 25%)
What we offer: At DuPont, we are dedicated to maximizing our most valuable asset—our people. We do so by embracing diversity and offering opportunities for continuous development, whilst maintaining a good work/life balance. Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, variable performance pay and a comprehensive benefits offering. A career at DuPont offers you an opportunity to become the catalyst for change, personally and professionally. This, together with a respectful workplace that rewards achievement, makes DuPont one of the best career choices today.
Sustainability: At DuPont Nutrition & Health, we understand that inclusive innovative solutions that can deliver today without compromising our children’s future are needed. We already provide vegetable-based proteins to replace less sustainable meat and animal protein options. DuPont Nutrition & Health also offers microbial cultures, enzymes and other solutions that enable food to stay fresh for longer while reducing food waste, as well as products such as probiotics and fibers that support health and wellness. With a leading portfolio of solutions in the industry, a strong focus on sustainable sourcing, and unique capabilities within life cycle assessment, we are ready to partner with our stakeholders, and leverage sustainability in our customers’ value chain and beyond. Click to read more http://www.danisco.com/sustainability/
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law�? poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.