Research Assistant - Field
DuPont Pioneer is seeking a Field Research Assistant to join our team in York, Nebraska. DuPont Pioneer offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
- Operate and maintain machinery such as; tractors, planters (bulk and research), detasselers, skid steer, forklift, combines, sprayers, destroyers, etc.
- Operate and maintain seed processing equipment such as; shellers, sizers, color sorters, seed treaters, automated seed counter/packager, automated sorting equipment, etc.
- Assist with all field activities including but not limited to; field preparation, planting preparation, planting, row staking, plot care and maintenance, data collection, detasseling, row tagging, rouging, male destruction and harvest
- Assist with all seed conditioning and processing activities including but not limited to; drying, sorting, shelling, treating, packaging, and shipping.
- Oversee hand harvest under direction of supervisor
- Understand and follow all RMS and Safety Protocols
- Use precision agricultural tools such as GPS, GIS (AgStudio with RPG)
- Work with other groups at station as needed to ensure success for all
- Collect accurate and precise data
- May request, purchase, and inventory supplies.
- May summarize data and write procedures
- May work with cooperators to find ground and coordinate activities.
- May scout fields for agronomic issues
- May conduct phytosanitary inspections
- May assist with irrigation
- May assist with field layout and mapping
- Other duties as assigned
The following are required:
- HS Diploma/GED and the ability to lead crews
- Valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a CDL within three months of hire
- Aptitude in basic PC applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
Ability to work extended hours and weekends during the peakworkload times
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. and perform physical labor in varying ergonomic environments
- Nebraska Commercial or Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicators License Category 01 or ability to obtain within 9 months of hire
- Experience operating farm equipment
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Experience with GIS tools/Precision Agriculture
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.