Synthetic Radiochemist - Process Chemistry
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ has an exciting opportunity for Synthetic Radiochemist - Process Chemistry position.
The primary responsibility of this position is the synthesis and purification of carbon-14 radiolabeled molecules to support registration of new and existing Corteva™ products. This position requires expertise in modern synthetic methodologies as new synthetic routes will often be required. Other responsibilities for this position include identification and synthesis of metabolites as well as synthesis of stable-isotope labeled compounds (15N, 13C, 2H) to support molecule advancement decisions and registration studies.
- Partner with Discovery and Development R&D project teams to coordinate supply of isotopically labeled compounds for use in environmental fate/metabolism and toxicology studies
- Provide synthetic expertise, problem solving and develop synthetic routes and chemical processes to molecules and intermediates to support the advance of agrochemicals within our discovery pipeline.
- Communicate effectively cross-functionally within Corteva Agriscience R&D and demonstrate progress of projects and timelines to a diverse set of team members and stakeholders.
- Conduct and evaluate experiments using appropriate safety guidelines consistent with safety practices
- Reading and writing technical reports and specifications and maintaining appropriate records
- Bachelor of Science in organic chemistry
- A thorough knowledge of modern separation methods (e.g. flash chromatography, HPLC) and spectroscopic identification techniques (e.g. NMR, MS, LC/MS, GC/MS & IR) is required
- A proven track record of solving synthetic challenges would be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for interfacing with internal research functions, serving on cross-functional teams and communicating progress of projects and timelines to team members
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and effectively interact with key stakeholders and peers
- Accept responsibility and take ownership of projects
- Maintain flexibility to accommodate urgent projects
- Constantly focus on new ways to achieve innovative solutions
- Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- A serious safety focus and attention to detail are necessary in this role.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.