Antimicrobial R&D Scientist
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
- Managing cross-country and cross-functional R&D projects as the project manager
- Independently conduct experimental work as defined by project objectives
- Development of new antimicrobials
- Development, validation, and implementation of new screening methods
- Testing of new antimicrobial solutions in food applications
- Keep up to date on new trends, technical developments, and skills by monitoring the scientific and trade literature, competitors’ activities, new methods, and processes for food ingredients in associated areas though continuing education and/or technical seminars
- Represent R&D as a scientific expert and resource for internal and external customers, preparation of technical literature and presentations
- Support to regulatory managers (dossier writing) and patent attorneys
- Trained in Food Science, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or similar
- Experience commensurate with a PhD with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with antimicrobials, food microbiology, molecular biology, genomics
- Experience and knowledge around laboratory automation and robotic system programming and data analysis
- Several years of experience from a microbiology laboratory, preferably from a R&D microbiology laboratory
- Knowledge and experience with molecular biology methodologies desirable: nucleic acid manipulation and sequence analysis with an understanding of bioinformatics
- Experience in food fermentations like fermented dairy products (like yogurt, etc.) with a focus on protective culture technology
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, manage and perform multi-task projects successfully
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience with project management: planning, tracking, and reporting
- As a person, you are a team player, a fast learner with good communication skills, you are systematic and curious and have a good sense of humor
- You master English at a high level, both orally and written
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.