Application Technologist, Dairy
New Century, KS
Responsible for technical projects from experimental design to completion. Includes testing, analytical procedures, equipment setup and preparation of standards and product materials under general supervision. Employees in positions at this level exercise a moderate degree of independence in performing assignments designed to demonstrate professional work knowledge and abilities. They conduct a wide range of specific tasks and experiments using readily available clear and direct references.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Conduct cultured dairy product development and application work using microbial cultures and food ingredients.
2. Provide technical services and support to customers, sales and divisions with a focus on dairy cultures, but also includes the rest of the DuPont Nutrition and Health portfolio into the fresh fermented dairy and cheese industries. i.e. stabilizer blends, hydrocolloids, antimicrobials, enzymes, probiotics, emulsifiers, fibers, etc.
3. Assist customers by participating in in-house or on-site customer visits, answering technical questions, conducting trials, trouble-shooting issues, giving trainings or presentations or just general relationship building visits.
4. Collaborate with other members of the North America innovation team, technical service representatives and divisions.
5. Work with the culture development team to help bring new solutions to our customers.
6. Review scientific literature, abstracts and applicable method papers for possible inclusion in current or anticipated project
7. Keep up-to-date on trends, new technical developments and competitor’s activities by monitoring applications for processing systems and ingredients in applicable areas.
8. Implement and adhere to DuPont safety initiatives. Report accidents promptly to Management.
9. May develop or assist with development of new product and application literature, including Technical Memorandums, Technical Notes, Technical Papers, invention disclosures and patents.
10. Maintain appropriate documentation for experiments, GMPs, ISO, FSMA, Bioterrorism and others as required. Maintain an understanding of DuPont’s quality and environmental policies and procedures.
To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a minimum four year Biological, Chemical or Food Science or related degree and experience typically gained through 0-5 years in the dairy industry. Must be ambitious, a self-starter and innovative with a strong desire to help grow business. Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary.
This position operates in a laboratory/pilot plant environment. It will require hands on operation of pilot plant and laboratory equipment. Calibration, maintaining and sanitation of most equipment will be required as well. Must be willing to work independently or in a team environment.
Outside travel can be up to 20% of the time.
This position may require heavy lifting up to 50 lbs and working with hazardous materials.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.