Dairy Sales Manager Nordic Region
DuPont Nutrition & Health is a USD 4.7 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty food ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, nutrition and pharma market. With more than 8,500 employees, 50+ manufacturing sites and 20+ R&D centres across the world, N&H is on a mission to make food safer, more sustainable, better tasting and more nutritious.
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA.
Our presence in the Nordic region relates back for decades in supporting the Dairy Industry with innovative and reliable food ingredients, forming part of nutritional and well tasting dairy consumer products sold in the region or exported globally under well-known brand names.
We will now employ a highly technical skilled Dairy Sales Manager to become a member of our dedicated Nordic sales team.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be one of the key contacts towards the Scandinavian dairy industry, representing DuPont N&H.
- Working closely with the Nordic and European dairy sales team, application organisation and the business units.
- Your role is to manage the existing business and identify the key growth opportunities within all dairy product categories at selected Dairy accounts.
- To set DuPont N&H strategy for growth linked to dairy cultures, probiotics, enzymes and other food ingredients bought and used by the dairy customers.
- Manage opportunities closely within our SalesForce.Com system, build measurable value and coordinate application resources effectively to the best benefit of the business opportunity.
- Become competent in all relevant DuPont and DuPont N&H systems and enable to deliver presentations internally and externally.
Key Challenges / Success Criteria
- Being the one point of contact and key internal coordinator for your allocated customers and opportunities. This provides personal skills of service, giving customer feeling of being valued.
- Understanding the dairy business dynamics including the value chain from the farmer all the way forward to the consumer’s delightful experience when consuming the product.
- Knowing when to utilise your personal knowledge of dairy and when to use our application and innovation support.
- Forecasting to help meeting customer purchase order demands.
- Liaising closely with all relevant internal departments to make certain of a smooth flow of information and products.
- A proven track record of success in Food Ingredients sales, specifically in dairy applications with a strong focus on cultures as an advantage.
- A strong understanding of the main Scandinavia Dairy producers, their market positions, challenges and opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Communication skills – verbal, written and listening skills with an ability to build trust and measurable value.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving specifically linked to complex processes in the dairy and food industry.
- Education to Dairy engineering degree or Food Engineering with many years of dairy experience.
- Good communication skills in English and Scandinavian language both orally and in writing.
- Strong ability to present and communicate at a management level both internally and externally
- Strong understanding of food related applications and ability to learn and recognise commercial opportunity.
- Confident, self-driven and able to navigate internally and externally to meet objectives.
- Strong IT understanding (Microsoft office, XL, SAP, CRM (SalesForce.Com) Understand consumer preference and needs as well as consumer brand attraction.
- Customer visits is the main part of your job travelling predominantly in Denmark but also customer visits in Sweden and Norway.
- Reports to Nordic Group Sales Manager
- Supported by dedicated Customer Care and Customer Service organisation
- Office at Brabrand (Denmark, preferably), Copenhagen (Denmark) or Home Office based.
More information: Please contact Anders Karlsén, Nordic Group Sales Manager on +46 709 29 85 81 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.