Food Enzyme Application Scientist, Bakery
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Design, plan, and execute bakery experiments in close collaboration with our Product Management and SAFI Innovation teams at multiple scales to evaluate and optimize enzyme and enzyme blend product performance and aid in scale-up
· Support long term product development pipeline by assisting in the technical development of enzyme products throughout the commercialization process: formulation and stability, application performance evaluation, marketing material generation, commercial-scale trialing, and post-launch support
· Develop new application solutions and enzyme concepts for the bakery industry
· Analyze and interpret lab- and commercial-scale data to evaluate and optimize performance
· Support Sales and Technical Service efforts through routine analysis of customer samples, lab- and pilot-scale simulations of customer processes, method development, and onsite and remote technical support and enzyme training.
· PhD or Master’s degree in BioChemistry, Food Science, Cereal Chemistry or a related field.
· Relevant academic lab experience and 4+ years of relevant or Bakery industry experience with insights to the bakery value chain and needs.
· A solid understanding of principles of food science and/or bakery science, food ingredient functionalities, and food analytical techniques, are highly desirable.
· A good understanding of various enzymes and their potential applications in food is highly desirable
· Proficient in English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship builder. Experience in working in a highly complex matrix organization and across multiple cultures.
· Comfortable in a dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity and function autonomously.
· Experience working with multi-functional teams serving customers.
· Self-starter with good organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
· Willingness to travel up to 40%, including to customer commercial production sites.#LI-AY1
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.