Food Enzyme Senior Application Development Manager – BakeryApply Now
That's the opportunity you'll find here. At DuPont Industrial Biosciences, we are changing the world and having fun doing it. From the foods we eat, to the energy we use, to the clothes we wear, and much more, we are utilizing the power and intelligence of nature to develop new products and processes that improve the quality of our lives.
- Design, plan, and execute bakery experiments in close collaboration with our Product Management at multiple scales to evaluate and optimize enzyme and enzyme blend product performance and aid in scale-up
- Support long term product development pipeline by assisting in the technical development of enzyme products throughout the commercialization process: formulation and stability, application performance evaluation, marketing material generation, commercial-scale trialing, and post-launch support
- Develop new application solutions and enzyme concepts for the bakery industry
- Analyze and interpret lab- and commercial-scale data to evaluate and optimize performance
- Support Sales and Technical Service efforts through routine analysis of customer samples, lab- and pilot-scale simulations of customer processes, method development, and onsite and remote technical support and enzyme training.
- Lead a team of 10 to 12 experienced, technically oriented colleagues that are based in various regions with different food expertise. Ensure a well-motivated and smooth-operating group.
Main qualifications required are:
- PhD or Master’s degree in BioChemistry, Food Science, Cereal Chemistry or a related field.
- Relevant academic lab experience and 5+ years of relevant or Bakery industry experience.
- A solid understanding of principles of food science and/or bakery science, food ingredient functionalities, and food analytical techniques, are highly desirable.
- A good understanding of various enzymes and their potential applications in food is highly desirable.
- Managerial experience and proven skills as a people manager.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship builder. Experience in working in a highly complex matrix organization.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity and function autonomously.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams serving customers.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%, including to customer commercial production sites.
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.
Research & Development
Nutrition & Biosciences
Master's Degree (±18 years)
Jun 17, 2019, 3:01:58 AM