Valley View, OH
- Set up and operate, in an efficient timely manner, a wide range of machine tools, both CNC and manual such as grinders, mills, lathes, and hones on a diverse range of product involving difficult operations, aerospace tolerances, and complex shapes. Machines used at Valley View include HAAS vertical mills, Toyoda Grinders, Accuturn, Prodigy, Hardinge, and HAAS lathes.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
- Work from and read blueprints as well as setting and checking work to various quality control gages.
- Troubleshooting, determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Follow all safety requirements
- Receive verbal and written information
Understand written instructions and be willing and able to communicate those instructions to others
Read process instructions and drawings and recognize/attend to details
- Either Technical Degree: Machining Technology certificate
- or 2+ years of machining experience
- Experience in machining composites, metals, and or aluminum extrusions
- Ability to read CNC programs
- Demonstrated ability to set up and operate manual and CNC equipment
- Proficient in shop math, including geometry and conversions
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and understand tolerance
- Demonstrated ability to use precision gages
- Knowledge of FANUC controls
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to work off shift (3 shift operation) in a drug and tobacco free environment and in a safety conscious environment
- Dependability & willingness to work overtime upon request (Includes weekends/evenings/holidays)
- Ability and willingness to train others or learn from others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- As a machining associate, the individual will be required to participate in customer audits and will be required to complete the Certified Operator Program (COP), DVV’s intensive, skills-based validation and training program.
“Associates will continuously monitor product quality; be expected to troubleshoot process problems and control product for non-conformances; be required to participate in housekeeping and training activities. Also, Functional Team (Group of people with different functional specialties or multidisciplinary skills, responsible for carrying out all phases of a program or project from start to finish.) participation is a requirement.”
3-5 years of machining experience
CNC machinist certification
Knowledge and/or experience (Statistical Process Control)
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.