Principal (management consulting)
About DuPont Sustainable Solutions
DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS), a DowDuPont Specialty Products Division business, is a leading provider of world-class operations management consulting services to help organizations transform and optimize their processes, technologies and capabilities. DSS is committed to improving the safety, productivity and sustainability of organizations around the world. Additional information is available at: www.sustainablesolutions.dupont.com
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Principal, you will be trusted to manage the business with a focus on delivering excellence to new and existing clients, achieving annual revenue targets and implementing strategies to drive growth of the business. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to build and develop a team of managers and consultants, and will be given the mandate to develop their capabilities to meet the needs of our clients in a dynamic business environment.
This position will allow you to apply your communication and managerial skills to build relationships of trust with clients, identify and implement innovative solutions that meet the needs of our clients and to create high-performing teams.
Are you a trusted leader who is able to cultivate a collaborative working environment? Are you a self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment? Do you like confronting unique, complex problems and finding innovative solutions? Do you derive satisfaction from seeing your work deliver tangible results for the client? If so, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage large and complex client projects, with responsibility for resource allocation and profitability targets
- Consistently drive the acquisition of new clients and projects. Ability to enter into existing projects, deliver value and expand existing client relationships
- Identify and frame client challenges at the executive level. Develop innovative, comprehensive solutions to these challenges that ultimately turning them into opportunities for further business
- Be recognized as a trusted advisor by our clients
- Collaborate with DSS leaders across the globe to develop positioning, go-to-market strategies and thought leadership
- Contribute to the development of best practices and new products/services for DSS
- Working with the Regional Director and fellow Principals in developing large, international accounts and identifying further opportunities to grow the business
- Playing an active role in building the firm by participating and contributing to functional and/or industry networks with the aim of developing and sharing best practices
Your qualification profile:
- The ideal candidate will have relevant leadership experience, as well as 15 years of industry experience and a minimum of 5 years of operations consulting experience
- Proven experience in leading complex business / operations transformation programs characterized by a high change management component
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to extensively interact with clients at all levels
- Strong sales/business development acumen
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record in building high-performance teams
- Experience in engaging and building relationships with senior level executives
- Results-oriented approach and passion for continuous improvement
- Previous experience in safety, process safety, operational excellence or operational risk management programs in an industrial company is required
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP) will be a plus
- Knowledge of challenges and growth opportunities facing companies across Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Master degree in Engineering or equivalent, MBA or MS preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English. A second European language will be a strong advantage
- Ability to travel extensively up to 80 % of monthly time
Core Values, Engagement, Work Environment, Culture
- Role model effective leadership behaviors and DowDuPont’s Core Values
- Champions organizational vibrancy, engagement and inclusion
- Drives efforts toward our desired culture and facilitates management’s ability to lead through change
United Kingdom (Stevenage or home-based)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Equality is one of our guiding principles. Respect for people is intrinsic to our culture and an unshakable part of our Code of Conduct. We are recognised for this by our peers, our customers, our employees and independent organisations. We therefore actively encourage applications from all diversity groups.
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division, which will be called DuPont, into an independent, publicly traded company. More information can be found at www.dow-dupont.com.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.