Process Development Chemistry Associate InvestigatorApply Now
o Proven safety track record with commitment to ZERO incidents / injuries
o Experience working with hazardous chemicals
o Routine use of respirator / breathing air required
• PROCESS DEVELOPMENT & OPTIMIZATION
o Perform multi-step organic synthesis and/ or polymerizations. Carry out synthesis, isolation, purification steps on small scale with the goal to move to 5-L – 100-L reactors, and matching scale tanks, filtration, drying, recrystallization, evaporative and other support equipment.
o Meet fast paced business demands for materials supply.
o Optimize individual process chemistry steps and equipment setup & design, including downstream isolation and purification methods to be carried out on commercial scale.
• LAB AND EQUIPMENT OPERATIONS
o Ability to work in a team environment
o Manage and maintain laboratories and reaction equipment, including writing SOPs, training other operators, equipment maintenance and upkeep, cleaning & developing cleaning procedures, and safety documentation.
o Accurately follow and maintain detailed batch records and electronic lab notebooks
o Occasional extended shifts required
• PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF MEETING PROJECT GOALS ON AGGRESSIVE TIMELINES.
• Experience in multistep organic and polymer synthesis and purification.
o Purification Experience Includes:
Achieving low metals specifications
• Familiarity with a variety of analytical techniques is desirable.
o HPLC, UPLC, LCMS
o Karl Fisher
• Organic semiconductor or electronic materials a plus
• BS Chemistry with synthetic experience or
Minimum five years of experience in process scale up
• Excellent organization and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience in an R&D or pilot plant environment preferred
• Mechanical aptitude for tearing down, assembling and modifying scale up equipment a plus
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.
Research & Development
Electronics & Imaging
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Apr 23, 2020, 7:26:46 AM