Responsible for technical projects from experimental design to completion. Includes testing, analytical procedures, equipment setup and preparation of standards and product materials under general supervision. Employees in positions at this level exercise a general degree of independence in performing assignments designed to demonstrate professional work knowledge and abilities. They conduct a wide range of specific tasks and experiments using readily available clear and direct references.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Set up, conduct, and correlate a variety of basic specific tests and experiments in fluid dairy and cultured dairy applications.
2. Work in the dairy pilot plant includes running processing equipment, including HTST, UHT and ice cream freezers. Work also includes operation of various analytical equipment.
3. Conduct dairy enzyme assays and participate in customer support for dairy enzyme applications.
4. Maintain documentation of experiments in ELN (Electronic Lab Notebook) or other approved databases.
5. Assist customers by participating in in-house visits, answering technical questions and participating in seminars and presentations as assigned.
6. Provide technical services to Customers, Sales and Divisions as needed (plant trials, troubleshooting, and training).
7. Implement and adhere to DuPont safety initiatives. Report accidents promptly to Management.
8. May develop or assist with development of new product and application literature, including Technical Memorandums, Technical Notes, Technical Papers, invention disclosures and patents.
9. Maintain appropriate documentation for experiments, GMPs, ISO, FSMA, Bioterrorism and others as required. Maintain an understanding of DuPont’s quality and environmental policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a minimum four-year Biological, Chemical or Food Science or related degree. Experience in the food industry is preferred but not required. Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary.
This position operates in a laboratory/pilot plant environment and may require outside travel up to 30% of the time.
This position may require heavy lifting up to 60 lbs and working with hazardous materials.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials
Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies.
Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.