Chemical Engineering Consultant – Reaction Engineering
- Developing a world-class technical expertise in Reaction Engineering and using it to make specific, actionable recommendations which are implemented by our internal customers
- Analyze, design, optimize, and trouble-shoot a variety of single or multi-phase chemical, biochemical and electrochemical reactors.
- Provide guidance on experimental approaches aimed at elucidating rate determining steps for reactor selection and scale-up. Improve understanding of the underlying kinetic, transport and thermodynamic issues that govern reaction rates utilizing experience and available modeling tools.
- Model complexity may vary from lumped systems to networks of elementary steps and include descriptions of interactions with catalyst surfaces.
- Performing Reactive Hazards Analysis using ARC data for material handling and design of safety systems.
- Understanding both the underlying fundamental chemical engineering principles and the specific equipment design details necessary to ensure successful outcomes for customers.
Networking with other consultants, plant technical and research staff, project engineers, consortia, etc. as appropriate, to create, cultivate and manage a customer base.
- Managing and coordinating a high volume, diverse portfolio of projects and providing timely results to customers.
- Working with customers to understand their problems and provide the appropriate cost-effective and safe solution.
- Providing detailed written and verbal communication of results and recommendations to customers.
Cooperating and sharing technical information with others in the Reaction Engineering community within DuPont
This position reports to the Engineering Manager and is located in Wilmington, Delaware.
- MS in Chemical Engineering. PhD preferred
Minimum of 5 years of experience in R&D or in a plant technical support role. This should include a minimum of 3 years working as a Reaction Engineer.
- Experience using Process Modeling and Simulation tools (e.g. ASPEN PLUS)
- Demonstrated strong technical skills and ability to make sound engineering judgment.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; e.g. ability to present complex technical issues and to communicate effectively with all parts of the organization - R&D and plant personnel (Operators, Technicians, Engineers, Management) at all levels
- Self-motivated. Ability to work independently and to adjust priorities with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints
- Geographic Flexibility
- Willingness to travel
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.