Process Automation Consultant
Provide technology stewardship in Process Control via engineering consulting and technical services. Support projects and value improvement activities to increase capacity and yields, improve quality, and reduce energy. Use tools such as first principles dynamic modeling to develop, validate, and promote process improvements via advanced regulatory control strategy design and process equipment modifications. Accelerate the implementation of mainstream process control technology and lead the development and adoption of process control best practices and standards. Work independently with Research and Development, Manufacturing Technical plant personnel, project leaders, and other technology consultants to identify value capture opportunities and execute programs. Develop and coach members of process control community to increase resource effectiveness and productivity. This position is open to Midland, Michigan or Wilmington, Delaware.
- Apply chemical engineering fundamentals including thermodynamics, kinetics, and transport phenomena to chemical unit operations to support and develop dynamic modeling of both existing and conceptualized commercial chemical processes.
- Identify process control improvement opportunities and troubleshoot process control issues at various chemical manufacturing sites - develop, document, and communicate control improvement plans and implement systems changes with site support colleagues.
- Employ systems thinking and plant-wide control practices by integrating process data, know-how, and key process design assumptions across multiple technologies and global locations to develop new and improve existing control applications.
- Lead and/or support development of process control best practices and in-depth training activities with other process automation professionals to drive towards standardization.
- Define, lead, or participate in plant capital or improvement projects to support business needs. Lead or support improvement technology plans developed by business technology leaders.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Engineering (e.g. Chemical or Biochemical or similar)
- Demonstrate knowledge of chemical engineering principles, thermodynamic, kinetic, mass and heat transfer, and simplifying assumptions employed in the dynamic modeling of manufacturing processes
- Experience with the discipline of dynamic model building, diagnostics, and validation
- Experience with dynamic simulation and operability analysis of chemical process plants
- Capability to develop and employ dynamic process models and simulations (Virtual Plants) in support of commercialization efforts, troubleshooting of existing plants, and development of operator training simulators
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence managers, peers, and mechanics; able to take a “hands-on” approach with operators and mechanics to get things done
- Good communication and presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated documentation discipline
- Ability to lead and drive change in the organization using influence and negotiation skills
- Excellent data-driven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with plant personnel (Mechanics, Engineers, Management) at all levels up to business leadership and with multiple disciplines
- Ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Proven strong contributor with the capability to work independently
- Experience with batch process requirements and standard batch control methods (ISA S88)
- Working knowledge of Matlab®, Aspen Engineering Suite, gPROMS®, SuperPro, Java™
- Knowledge of system and parameter identification principles and techniques
- Ability to travel 5-25% depending on area of subject matter expertise
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the
intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty
products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the
needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law�? poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.